Submit to Value & Outcomes Spotlight
Value & Outcomes Spotlight invites and encourages submissions that enable the reader to grasp the main points quickly and easily in examining pragmatic, methodological, or policy‐related applications of HEOR in global healthcare settings. The Editors welcome submissions that: 1) assess the real‐world application and value of specific healthcare interventions or policies; and 2) illustrate the impact of these interventions or policies on healthcare decision making.
Key areas of focus for Value & Outcomes Spotlight include:
- health policies that affect the conduct, dissemination, and use of HEOR
- methodological strategies and approaches that advance the science of HEOR, with practical examples of their value to healthcare delivery and decisions
- reviews of clinical, economic, health‐preference, or health‐related quality‐of‐life studies that are relevant to current healthcare decision making
- reports on international or country‐specific healthcare guidelines and regulations that are generalizable to other regions
Authors are encouraged to submit articles using the online submission form below.Submit Now
- Value & Outcomes Spotlight is not a peer-reviewed scientific journal; hence, all submissions should be structured in a format and written in language that enhances the reader’s ability to grasp the main points and insights. Authors are encouraged to consider novel, nonscientific article formats to maximize the readability and interest level of their submissions.
- All submissions that appear to have been prepared for a peer-reviewed journal will be returned for revision; this includes articles structured in the Abstract-Intro-Methods-Results-Discussion format typical of such journals and/or articles that, in the opinion of the Editors-in-Chief, contain material of such a high level of technical detail or methodologic rigor that peer review would be required.
- Articles should not exceed 1500 words in length (should your word count exceed this amount, you will be notified by ISPOR if a revised article is needed).
- Articles must be written in English (preferably American English), typed in Microsoft Word.
- By-line: All article by-lines should include author(s), degree(s), affiliations(s), city, state, and country.
- Tables, Figures and Photos: Tables, figures, photos, and other graphics are not mandatory but can be included for highlighting of non-quantitative ideas and concepts. They should be clearly labeled and easy to understand without reference to the text. Figures should be created using Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to be directly reproducible for publication. All tables and figures should be referred to in the text of the word document at the point in which the reader should view them.
- Key Points: A maximum of three brief key points of the article are required.
- Lead Sentence: A lead sentence is required (for promotional purposes). This should be the main highlight of what the article is about. (eg, In this article, Smith et al. examine . . .)
- References: References, if any, should be listed and numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals in the order in which they are cited in the text. References should be minimal and style should follow that of Index Medicus.
- Articles submitted MUST NOT contain any advertising, publicity, or promotion of any product or service provided by the author’s company. Press releases are NOT considered.
- View a sample of a correctly submitted article