One of the most highly discussed goals of the faculty advisors over the past several years has been the development and maintenance of the fellowship and internship directory. Recognizing that the field of HEOR is growing, ISPOR launched its new interactive job board in January 2019 with a vision and commitment to our student members and new professionals to assist them in finding fellowships and internships. Posting a fellowship or internship position is available to organizations free of charge at 90-day increments. The ISPOR Career Center is the central location for expansion of this type of employment opportunity. Fellowships and internships have the same benefits and integrate with all employment postings.
Prior to July 2016, all fellowships were available through the ISPOR Education Department. Response to this database was limited and internships were not included in this database and were only available on the Career Center site.
- Define fellowships and internships and post descriptions on ISPOR Career Center site.
- Create 2 new temporary student positions to search for new organizations and update the current directory.
- Send requests to researched organizations to post their new positions.
- Develop a plan to systematically reach new organizations that provide fellowships and internships on a monthly basis and a renewal plan for existing organizations.
- Propose a Student Forum to the Student Network to share best practices and experiences in securing fellowships and internships hosted by both experienced students and preceptors.
- Provide an article on ISPOR fellowships and internships for the ISPOR Value and Outcomes Spotlight.