- ISPOR Latin America Summit 2019
ISPOR Latin America 2019
- Exhibits & Sponsorship
ISPOR Europe 2019
- Abstract Submission
- Short Courses
- Exhibits & Sponsorship
ISPOR Summit 2019
- ISPOR 2019
- ISPOR Warsaw 2019
- ISPOR Europe 2018
- ISPOR Summit 2018
- ISPOR Dubai 2018
- ISPOR Asia Pacific 2018
- ISPOR 2018
- ISPOR Europe 2017
- ISPOR Latin America 2017
- ISPOR Asia Pacific 2016
- Submit Abstract
- Exhibits & Sponsorships
- Awards & Grants
- Upcoming Conferences
Education & Training
- In-Person Training
- Introduction to Outcomes Research
- Introduction to Systematic Reviews & Meta-Analysis
- Systematic Review & Meta-Analysis: Applications
- Introduction to Pharmacoeconomics
- Cost-of-Illness/Cost-Estimation (COI/CE)
- Cost-Minimization/Cost-Consequence (CMA/CCA)
- Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) and Cost-Utility Analysis (CUA)
- Modeling Health Care Costs – Part I: Characteristics of Health Care Costs
- Modeling Health Care Costs – Part II: Methods and Guidelines for Estimating Health Care Costs
- Modeling Health Care Costs – Part III: Estimation from Censored Data
- Introduction to Budget Impact Analysis (BIA) - Part I
- Introduction to Budget Impact Analysis (BIA) - Part II
- Markov Model Toolkit: Concepts, Assumptions and Examples
- An Introduction to Choice-Based Conjoint Analysis (Discrete Choice Experiments)
- Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) – Basics
- Patient Reported Outcomes: Analysis and Interpretation
- Patient Reported Outcomes: Instrument Development
- Item Response Theory: A Conceptual Introduction
- Preparing for Multinational Clinical Trials: Translation and Cultural Adaptations of PRO Measures
- Evidence Generation for Patient Reported Outcome (PRO) Label Claims (FDA Requirements)
- Intermediate Retrospective Observational Study - Propensity Scoring Methods
- Use of Public Survey Data in Health Outcomes Research
- Using RWE to Improve Healthcare Decision-making in Asia Pacific
- Top 10 HEOR Trends of 2019
- The Use of MCDA for HTA Agencies
- MCDA - How to Guide of Different Methods for Assessment of Rare Disease HT
- Virtualizing Long-Term Follow-Up Studies for Gene Therapy Products
- Is the FDA's New Guidance a Watershed Moment for Real-world Evidence?
- Topics in Evaluating the Cost-Effectiveness of Gene Therapies
- Distance Learning
This module is an introduction to the role of pharmacoeconomics (PE) in medical decision making from multiple perspectives. It will introduce the concepts of types of PE/Cost-effectiveness analysis (CEA), general computation involved in these analyses, and how to evaluate a CEA.
By the end of the Introduction to Pharmacoeconomics (PE) module, you will be able to:
- State the role of PE in medical decision making.
- Define the types of PE/cost-effectiveness analyses (CEA).
- Explain the societal, patient and payer tradeoffs involved in using PE for medical decision making.
- Understand the difference between and usefulness of average and incremental (marginal) CEA.
- State the definition of utility measurement and its use in cost-utility analysis.
- Understand the elements essential to a published CEA.