The ISPOR Patient Travel Grant is established to support attendance at the Society's conferences for eligible patient representatives (patients, their caregivers, or representatives from patient organizations) to attend the Society's conferences, including the ISPOR, ISPOR Europe, ISPOR Asia Pacific, and ISPOR Latin America conferences.
The candidate for the Patient Travel Grant must:
- Represent a nonprofit, voluntary health agency [501(c)3 in the US] with a mission to:
- Combat a particular disease, disability, or group of diseases/disabilities or
- Improve and protect the health of a particular group of people
- Engage in programs, such as, research, education, advocacy, and service to individuals and communities
- Reside in a country in that region when applying for an ISPOR regional conference
- NOT be a student [Note: Students may apply for the ISPOR Student Travel Grant]
- NOT be employed by health technology producers (biopharmaceutical, medical device, or diagnostic companies)
- NOT have received an ISPOR Conference Travel Grant during the past 3 years
The candidate must submit a:
- Proposal (up to 200 words) showing how their participation will contribute to the use of health economics or outcome research in their own organization. Please include your:
- Current involvement in the field of patient engagement in research
- Participation in a presentation (issue panel, workshop, forum, or poster) and/or have been invited to attend a roundtable.
- A statement, indicating that you have read and understand the travel grant guidelines
Travel Grant Guidelines
Grant funds will be released after grantees have submitted within 30 days of the event:
- An ISPOR expense form and copies of all receipts of allowed expenses. ISPOR regrets that reimbursements received after the deadline date will not be honored
- A Report of Attendance which includes:
- The attendee's views of the conference
- Areas for improved interaction with patients
- By submitting a Travel Grant application, Travel Grant holders confirm their consent to have their report published online and/or used for marketing and promotional activities.
- All decisions related to Travel Grants are final.
The recipient of the ISPOR Conference Travel Grant receives the following to attend an ISPOR conference:
- A complimentary registration to the ISPOR conference
- A complimentary short course registration (up to 2 courses per conference)
- Up to the amount determined in the agreement for airfare (coach), transportation, and lodging expenses
NOTE: FUNDS TO ATTEND THE ISPOR CONFERENCES ARE REIMBURSED AFTER THE CONFERENCES, AS WELL AS EACH RECIPIENT BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKING THEIR OWN HOTEL AND FLIGHTS. ISPOR DOES NOT RELEASE FUNDS NOR BOOK FLIGHTS OR ACCOMMODATIONS PRIOR TO ANY CONFERENCE FOR ANY RECIPIENT.
The candidate must submit a:
- ISPOR Patient Conference Travel Grant Application submission deadline is 2 months prior to an ISPOR conference
- ISPOR Patient Conference Travel Grant grantees are determined 1 months prior to an ISPOR conference
- The Patient Conference Travel Grant is promoted through the Society's eBulletin newsletter and found on its website
- The Patient Conference Travel Grant grantees are announced on the Society's Patient Engagement webpage
- The Patient Conference Travel Grant Committee consists of chairs of the Patient Representative Roundtables and Senior Director, ISPOR Scientific and Health Policy Initiatives
- The committee is responsible for the selection of up to 15 grantees a year distributed among the Society's scientific conferences, ISPOR, ISPOR Europe, ISPOR Asia Pacific, and ISPOR Latin America. The committee members may consult their leadership in the selection of candidates from their region.
Please email us with any questions.
Apply for an ISPOR Conference Travel Grant
10-14 November 2018 – Barcelona, Spain
Travel Grant Application Deadline: Friday, 14 September 2018
Travel Grant Notification: Monday, 15 October 2018
Patient Representatives from nonprofit or volunteer organizations can email us for more information about Patient Representative Travel Grants.