ISPOR CONNECTIONS Editor-in-Chief
Role, Responsibilities, Term, and Benefits
The Editor-in-Chief is the chair of the ISPOR CONNECTIONS Editorial Board, and reports to the ISPOR Board of Directors. The ISPOR CONNECTIONS Editor-in-Chief serves a term of four years. An ISPOR member can serve two 4-year terms as Editor-in-Chief upon request by the Editor-in-Chief and approval by the Board of Directors.
1. The role of Editor-in-Chief is to achieve the mission for ISPOR CONNECTIONS, the bimonthly journal, as set forth by the ISPOR Board of Directors.
2. The position of Editor-in-Chief includes the following editorial roles and responsibilities.
- Recommends members of the Editorial Board;
- Chairs the Editorial Board meeting;
- Develops a plan for the technical content of the ISPOR journal each year;
- Identifies key contributed research, contributed workshops, or issues panels topics from ISPOR annual meetings /congresses suitable for publication in ISPOR CONNECTIONS and invites presenters to submit an article;
- Along with the Editorial Board, identifies key topics to include in the journal and invites key authors on these topics to submit an article;
- Along with the Editorial Board, reviews, edits, and approves the technical content of the journal; and
- Reports bi-annually the status of the journal to the ISPOR Board of Directors.
3. The activities of the Editor-in-Chief are monitored by the Publications Committee, a Board of the Directors Committee, which makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
4. The Editor-in-Chief has the following administrative responsibilities:
- Establish performance goals for the Editorial Board;
- Establish and refine policies and procedures for the management of editorial office activities; and
- Prepare an ISPOR CONNECTIONS bi-annual report to the ISPOR Board of Directors.
5. The ISPOR CONNECTIONS Editor-in-Chief is reimbursed for travel and lodging expenses to ISPOR Annual Meetings and/or European Congresses (up to four nights) according to the ISPOR reimbursement policy, and receives a complimentary meeting & social event registration to the meetings.